Sunday, July 13, 2008

Barack Obama: Change that works (for him).


07-18-07: "My assessment is that the surge has not worked."

11-11-07: "I would end this war and I would have our troops out within 16 months."

03-19-08: "I will immediately begin to remove our troops."

Everyone now knows the Surge is working.

Rep. John Murtha: "I think the Surge is working."

Sen. Hillary Clinton: "We've begun to change tactics in Iraq, and in some areas... it's working."

So Obama's advisors want to rewrite his record.

Obama Communications Director Robert Gibbs: "The security situation has improved, just as everyone admitted it would if we would put more troops on the ground!"

Obama Senior Strategist David Axelrod: "He never disputed that if... that if... uh, uh... you throw a... a... surge of American soldiers in an area, that you can... uh... make a difference."

01-10-07: "I am not persuaded... that... 20,000 additional troops in Iraq... uh... is gonna solve the sectarian violence there, in fact, I think it'll do the reverse."

So what does Barack Obama believe today?

07-03-08: Reporter: "...does that mean you will not change the 16-month [withdrawal] timetable?"

Obama: "Eh... uh... I... uh..."

Barack Obama: Change that works (for him).

* * *

Judgment to lead? Barack Obama doesn't appear to have the judgment to follow.

Linked by: Flopping Aces. Thanks! Original video: Obama's Iraq problem: Change that works (for him)"

No comments: